A Practical Approach for Enhancing Staff Performance and Client Outcomes
This highly inspiring and practical workshop was developed for team leaders, supervisors, managers and executives in a variety of social service fields.
The workshop highlights the challenging workplace and organizational human service realities that negatively impact frontline worker motivation, job satisfaction, commitment and overall performance. In light of the challenging realities that pose impediments to frontline practice and preferred staff and client outcomes, this training offers proven and practical strategies for enhancing employee motivation, engagement and overall performance.
The seminar introduces practical worker-responsive leadership tools as well as a set of relations-oriented and strengths based communication and action planning strategies for enhancing the capacities of ALL staff. Detailed strategies for approaching and effectively responding to “undesirable performance” and/or “challenging” workers/situations are also presented.
Participants in this highly engaging and practical workshop will learn to:
- Identify and connect to their own personal/professional leadership purpose
- Review anticipations, including preferred staff and client outcomes
- Identify various work related challenges that result in workers who present as “resistant”, “disconnected” or “burnt-out”
- Understand the inextricable link between staff outcomes, practice decisions and client outcomes
- Review and learn about the Preferred Leadership Profile (PLP); a worker-responsive assessment and development tool used for Discovering and Developing staff capacity
- Identify with the critical role relationships play in effective leadership and quality supervision
- Understand and utilize practical relationship and communication strategies that create optimal conditions for quality supervision and effective leadership
- Learn about and practice strengths based strategies for developing resource possibilities for staff capacity building
- Learn an effective strategy for decreasing and/or effectively eliminating resistive and oppositional employee behavior.